Athmic Biotech Solutions Pvt.Ltd. Kalliyoor, offers summer/winter training programs to Life science students by highly-experienced professionals. This is an industry oriented program to provide a thorough knowledge on the test methods and precautions to be taken for carrying out microbiological tests of various samples. Microbiology testing needs to be conducted with absolute accuracy to ensure hygiene and safety. We possess a well-equipped laboratory with all the modernized equipments and provide complete laboratory facilities and mentorship for students undergoing various graduates and undergraduates program in Microbiology, Biotechnology and allied subjects. The duration of the training program will be for 5days.
• Introduction to Good Laboratory Practices
• Basics of Calculations; Buffers and Reagent Preparation
• Various Sterilization Techniques
• Culture Media (Solid/Liquid) preparation and its types
• Various methods for isolation of Cultures( Streak, Spread and pour plate techniques)
• Microbial Enumeration Techniques and CFU ( Colony Forming Unit) Count
• Antimicrobial Susceptibility test( Kirby-Bauer Method)
• MIC and MLC detection
• Isolation and Culturing of microbes from various samples (Soil, Water, Air)
• Purification of bacterial colonies from mixed population
• Identification of microorganisms by Biochemical methods
• Staining techniques
DMLT/ B.Sc. MLT/ Microbiology/ Biochemistry/Biotechnology Graduates & Post graduates)
• Introduction to Good Laboratory Practices• Basics of Calculations; Buffers and Reagent Preparation
• Various Sterilization Techniques• Culture Media (Solid/Liquid) preparation and its types• Various staining techniques
• Various methods for pure culture isolation ( Streak, Spread and pour plate techniques)• Microbial enumeration techniques and CFU ( Colony Forming Unit) count• Isolation and purification of microbes from various samples
• Water quality testing• Antimicrobial Susceptibility test( Kirby-Bauer Method)• MIC and MLC detection
• Microbiology testing of various food samples• Identification of microorganisms by Biochemical methods
Dr.Nimisha R.Nair is an accomplished academic specializing in the area of Microbial Biotechnology, complemented by range of qualifications including a PhD in Biotechnology from National Institute For Inderdisciplinary Science and Technology,CSIR-NIIST and a M.Sc. in Microbiology. She has about eight years of teaching experience as Assistant Professor in Microbiology at Kerala Agriculture University and University of Kerala and 6 years of research experience. She is recognised as a subject matter expert on Microbial Biotechnology and awarded CSIR-NET lectureship (LS), 2009 and Ph.D. in Biotechnology for the Thesis entitled “Poly(L) Lactide: Synthesis and Biodegradation” by University of Kerala (2015).Demonstrates skills of Microbiology techniques, Recombinant DNA techniques, Bioprocess techniques, Immunology and Protein biochemistry. An influential research leader who can motivate, educate and achieve research objectives.
Copyright © 2023 Athmic Biotech Solutions Pvt Ltd - All Rights Reserved.